Friday, November 7, 2014

How I love thee.....

How do I love thee……
Let me count the ways….

That is what God has been quietly whispering to us in this past month.  We arrived in Peru to a whirlwind of activity and inactivity at the same time. From days on end sitting around feeling useless to times of constant go, go, go…God has continued to love us and bless us. This past month has been a time of being still, building relationships, counting our blessings, being frustrated, feeling useless,  from questioning our purpose to knowing without a doubt, mental, physical, and emotional exhaustion, moments of pure joy and wonderment to moments of heartbreak and sadness. But, through it all I can see the blaring light of my Father in Heaven. His quiet gentle reassurance that He loves us and is always with us.  The ways in which He has loved us in just the past month are too numerous to count but, the joy, peace, and love I have felt goes beyond words and are so much more than I could ever deserve!

The first 2 ½ weeks in the midst of some frustration with wanting to be on our timetable and things to go the way we planned…I know, what were we thinking?!… He settled us in to a place that we were only able to just be patient and still. He allowed me to find some confidence and strength in the relationships I built in Iquitos. Giving me the courage I would need for moving to Nauta on our own. Also allowing us to keep in contact with family regularly to make the transition maybe slightly less painful. Again the blessings too numerous to count and so many that I am sure I can’t even realize at this moment. 
He has given us amazing relationships already in Nauta, amazing neighbors, great contacts for help, and even strong Christian missionaries. We have been prayed over and blessed and offered helped and support so many times now that I am overcome with emotion when I think how God could spend so much time crafting this journey for us…really? Wow!

As I am watching how God is changing and growing Junglemaster Ministries in just the month that we have been here….I am again overcome with emotion. He is moving in BIG ways here in the jungle! He has big plans for this powerful ministry and I cannot be more full with gratitude that I get to watch and pray and that you all get to watch and pray with us.

God has invited each one of us, you reading this blog, you praying for the ministry, and us to come alongside these people here and watch what He will allow them to do for His glory.

No comments:

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER