Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mother musings.....

So, summer is winding down. We are going to North Carolina next week. Our last trip of the summer. At least summer will last a little longer for us. Carmen starts preschool when we return. I really am such a child with my daughter. I get so caught up in each stage that she moves into. I know that this is just pre-school and that she isn't really "in school" but, who cares. I still feel like her first day of school is coming and I am so excited. She is too. We have been looking at lunch bags and I am excited to get her some "school clothes". Really, any excuse to shop and live vicariously through my daughter is a good one.
School is going to be so fun for her. She is such a social little thing. She is so eager to learn everything she can. She is so smart and full of a wonderful zest for life. I know school will give her an outlet that she can grow and evolve in a way that is different than home, ya know.
Joel keeps shaking his head and laughing at all the things he can imagine she is going to be teaching other kids and learning form other kids. He says he can't wait to see what she will bring home.
I was just saying to a friend of mine that I still don't feel like a mom yet. I mean when does that come? I feel like a person along for the most exciting, thrilling, maddening, horrifying, amazing, hilarious, exhausting, beautiful, satisfying, and blessed journey of my life. I feel extremely privileged (and confused) that God allowed me to take part in such an amazing life.
What was He thinking!? I mean ME?! C'mon, He must really have a weird sense of humor right?! Oh well,I think I will just buckle up, hold on tight , not to tight I don't want to strangle her(not today anyway) and enjoy the ride!
Thanks for letting me ramble on.....

1 comment:

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER