Thursday, August 14, 2008

Carmen's surgery

So, things went really well for her surgery. In case you have missed it Carmen was diagnosed with VUR or Kidney reflux in the right kidney last year. She has been on a low grade antibiotic since last summer. We went in July for her follow-up and found it hadn't gotten better and it was now in both kidneys. So, we opted for a Minimal Invasive Surgery(MIS) I have attached a video link at the bottom that explains it all. Anyway, Children's in Seattle had a last minute cancellation so we were able to get in right away instead of waiting 2 months. Carmen is such a trooper. I was more nervous than her. She loves Children's because she gets so much specialized attention. And, we all know how modest she is.
I didn't cry until they brought her out of recovery. I thought I was holding up well but, when I saw her I realized just how stressed I was. She was just excited to get the orange Popsicle. Children's was so great. They gave Gillian a Popsicle too just for coming and supporting Carmen. They gave us her gas mask to take home. Last time she got a Dora match game to take home too. Amazing!
The one thing I came away with is just how wonderfully blessed we are that we have something that is fixable. Being at Children's really makes me thank God daily for the beautiful, healthy family I have been given.
http://www.empowereddoctor.com/media_143.html

1 comment:

Jessica Holland said...

Oh my gosh Amy, I didn't know Carmen had surgery! Did it fix everything?
My Lord, Im gonne beat you!

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER