Monday, January 6, 2014

The Day Has Come

The day has come!! Oh no, he is getting ready to call us on stage. My hands are sweaty, my heart is pounding. Here it is, "Joel and Amy come on up and tell us your story". My feet feel like concrete blocks, I don't want to go.  WHY GOD, WHY DO I HAVE TO DO THIS?
A week or so before this I start to think to my self is there any way out of this, maybe I could just have Amy do it this time. NO JOEL! God talked to you, you are the leader of this, this is your deal no pawning it off.  Maybe just maybe pastor Bob will announce it for me (good luck with that one). All right all ready I will do this, but God how am I going to say it all? You know how my thoughts get all twisted up and I can't get out what I want to say. Pray, yeah thats what I will do. He will tell me what He wants me to say its His story to tell any how. Okay God its the night before I have to present this to the church and nothing yet, can you give me something, anything? Pleeeeease! Sunday morning 5 am I wake from a sound sleep to all kinds of thoughts rolling in my head (finally). I better get up and make some coffee sounds like God wants to talk and I am all ears. 

James 1:5 - "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you"

That's what I am talking about God, keep it coming I'm listening.

Exodus 4:10-11 - "Moses said to the Lord, "Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tounge." 11 The Lord said to him, "Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the Lord?"


Yeah that's me; not eloquent (never). Joel just remember "Its my story, let me do the talking." All right God, let's do this.
Back to my feet and the concrete blocks.....All right, now all I have to do is get up on stage, tell them we are going to be full time missionaries for a few years, read a couple of verses.......I got this. Oh no! My knees are shaking....Keep your voice steady... Don't make eye contact....Well, here we go!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! What an incredible calling. Thank you for sharing the fears, hopes and strength God has given you,

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER