Saturday, March 26, 2016

Saying Goodbye

Goodbyes are hard. (I'm so profound; I know,,, Haha)
I must admit I don’t do them very well.

This last week was a good week with having our friend Charlie Smith here helping Joel get the Junglemaster boat ready for the river.  It is just such a blessing to have friends and family visit and to accomplish so much in a short period of time.
But, Friday Charlie returned to Washington. ("Ow, Charlie, that hurts! Hehe, couldn't resist!)

Also this week we said to goodbye to a group of young missionaries that have been in Nauta for 5 months with the British ministry. They are such wonderful missionaries with wonderful servant hearts. They made quite an impact on our family (especially Carmen) and it was hard to see them go knowing we may never see them again.

But, as we celebrate the Life and Resurection of Jesus; I am struck at how Jesus also knows how hard it is to say goodbye.  He had to prepare to leave and to prepare His disciples for His leaving.  Can you imagine?!
There are many ways Jesus prepares us and teaches us about saying goodbye. But, for me, it’s the promise the Resurrection gives that comforts me the most.

When we were home this last time; I wasn’t able to see everyone I wanted to see. But, one of my dear friends told me, “I know we are friends forever and I will have lots of time to spend with you in the future.’
What a blessing that was for me to hear! 

It reminds me that no matter how hard the goodbyes; they are not forever. Even if I don’t get to see you again on this side of heaven; my friends; I know I will see you again.

So, today I will be sad, I will miss my friends, I will be grateful and thank God for them, and I will rejoice in the fact that I WILL see them again!

Happy Easter & God Bless

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. John 3:16-17



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the heart you all have not just for the Lord but also for people....❤️🙏🏼

Mom said...

Ya'll's Joy in giving and how much you miss home is such a true gift of your service to the Lord! I am so proud of y'all. Carmen you are
A blessing to everyone who meets you. Your Heart is so full of love and kindness. LOL

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER