Thursday, July 2, 2015

And we're back...

We are back in Nauta and in full swing. It was an uneventful trip home ending in a tearful and joyful reuniting with our fearless leader. It just felt good to be home and in Joel's arms again. After a night in Iquitos we headed home to Nauta.

Carmen was greeted with quite the fanfare by the neighbor kids. I don't know if I could find something more heartwarming than hearing the kids running out yelling " Carmencita!!!" It was so lovely to come home and be greeted by neighbors with hugs and smiles. I love the relationships we have been able to build. After checking out what the neighbors have been up to, I made a quick pasta dinner, and we headed off to church. Some of you may remember me talking early on about visiting Pastor Juan's church in the small dirt house. It never ceases to humble and amaze me the level of love, compassion, and joy they have here amongst such a hard existence. I didn't realize until that moment how ready I was to return here and serve. Plus, I got to see Crystal, our missionary friend. and hug her...that was a big bonus too.

As morning approached I was up earlier than I had been in 12 weeks...5am! But, here in the jungle we go to bed pretty early which causes us to rise pretty early too. ( Wish that would hold true for me in the states) I needed to shop so, after about an hour (making coffee the old fashioned way takes a while) we headed down to the market. Boy, did I miss this.....the noise, the people, the food, and yes, even some of the smells.....all of it. I really do enjoy the market. Loaded down with supplies we headed home.
This is where the day got busy....Joel had done a pretty good job of keeping the house up but, it was definitely a bachelor pad! You could tell that three guys had lived here and been doing construction. I had a full day of trying to just get the kitchen back in working order! Haha  Plus, we were all having to relearn working together...after Joel only needing to worry about himself and us only needing to worry about ourselves.....well....it takes a few days to remember how to coexsist.

And, the house looks amazing!!  Carmen has her own room! Joel, Miguel, and Manuel did an absolutely amazing job on the house. The upstairs is so beautiful, we have tile on the bathroom floor, and Joel varnished the outside of the house too.The wood is so pretty and shiny!
We were able to visit another missionary friend Sarah yesterday.....I sure have missed our friends here. With all the coming and going my foot is aching quite a bit so today I am having to just keep it up and iced a lot. I don't like being down but, I guess at least I have time to sit and catch everyone up on life here in the jungle.

Please be praying for the months ahead as Junglemaster is moving forward and continuing to serve the people here in the jungle. We are needing clear guidance form Our Father and wisdom to hear and discern His guidance.

One last thing.... the first morning after we returned to Nauta; I woke to several (like a lot!) bug bites on my tushie (from sitting on the toilet)...welcome home, I guess?! ;P


1 comment:

Brenda said...

Amy, thanks for sharing your life with us!! After the bug bites on the back side, did you forget about the aching toe?

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER